Sunday, February 22, 2009

A-Rod's Oscar Snub

In honor of tonight's 81st annual Academy Awards.....a closer look at the Alex Rodriguez press conference. Every film has it's memorable lines and there's no exception with the A-Rod performance. Let's take a closer look...


"I was young and curious."
  • Sounds like the title to a Club magazine photo shoot featuring two experimental college coeds (or so I've heard).
"I was curious and ignorant"
  • Usually curiosity is followed by careful research which ultimately leads to the elimination of ignorance......however, ignorance would probably preclude A-Rod from making this connection.



"Good Question Bob....." (see 3:55 of the video)
  • A-Rod's way TOO excited to answer this question...we can tell that it's one he was prepped for. Over Acting--very Pacino-esque a la Heat.
".... I didn't want to speak from a position of non-factual ...."
  • Who wrote this screenplay?


"The one thing I can lay my pillow at night is, I entered this game when I was 18: I had my best year when I was 20: and I had my other best year when I was...in 2007...so that, foul pole to foul pole, is pretty good."
"I made my bed, I'm going to have to sit on it"
  • At least get your proverbs right.
"I'm here to take my medicine"
  • Much better.
"...and start hookin' up with Don, and start making the world a better place."
  • You're a 32 year old cheat who's bangin' Madonna. I'd set my personal bar much lower than changing the world...that's just me, though.
"The only thing I ask from this group today, and the American People, is to judge me from this day forward...that's all I can ask for."
  • Fair enough but know that people are digging and if they find something (like this banned Dominican Trainer fella) you're, as they say in the Ol' Country: FOOKED!

The Oscar Does Not Go To Alex Rodriguez

No comments: