Thursday, August 21, 2008

Manifesto part 2


If you are reading this, we are merely preaching to the converted but it is you that has the power to persuade your friends who are perhaps fringe fanatics.

We have rallied 17 people for the October 12th game and not all of these guys are "Die-Hard" Charger fans (although they all loath the Patriots). By any means necessary appeal to that which will get people to the game. Use the old Catholic tool of guilt if you must. Take some pride in this city and team. If you are going to a game this year, get to this one. Do not let these people think they can come to our town and get an easy ticket to OUR games.

We received a phone call by a friendly Bostonian before the Bolt/Titan playoff game last year, prompted by the news that the game was not a sell out. Informed, we were, that, "San Diego is a Joke! You can't even sell out a playoff game because of a little rain!"

To be called a joke, as a sports town, is the greatest of insults!

Our proposal: Shut Patriot fan out of our October 12th match-up. Go to Ebay, Craig's List, and Stubhub and buy up those available tickets. We don't only have to contend with those who travel out to this game but those who have migrated here...las cucarachas...that seem to be everywhere (Especially in Longboards). Do not let them in!

Do we want to be known as a sports town or home of the San Diego Zoo ???(We recommend the Koala exhibit, it's fantastic! Kids can get really close up and see the little eucalptus eaters in a well constructed forest like habitat:>)

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Nice ESPN picture link. He dressed like a sloppy douche bag in Cleveland also.

Anonymous said...

This Patriots fan already has four field seats (at face value). How do you like them apples?

Anonymous said...

Hey Pats fan

I'm envious of your shrewd bargaining and your ability to get Matt Damon and Ben Affleck to do the writing for you.

Anonymous said...

KYLE said
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0129/pg2_a_belichick_200.jpg
It's obvious I need to get on top of my game, following up a ^$$^%$ 8897& Manifesto is about as easy as writing the next great American novel, so bare with me.

➢ As a San Diegan, a.k.a Clevelander who relocated to San Diego and currently reside in, ugh,” Raider Nation", I am no stranger to loathing the sports fan next to me. My disgust for everything from Massachusetts is as great as all of the “Hipsters” in LA's disgust of everything not Hip.
➢ In the context of sports I have hated anything Boston for longer than I can remember and the past few years have re-ignited my burning flame. Cavs v. Celtics….Indians v. Bo Sox…. Clevelander’s have had a recent run in with Bostonians and Massholes much like that of Charger/Padre fans.
➢ Manny.....Terry Francona, Terry's father Tito.....have all spent time in Cleveland’s line up.
➢ "Spygate" Bill coached the Browns and couldn't win, 36-44 . He fires Bernie Kosar (a man featured in my favorite song about football ever, 1986's "Bernie Bernie"). Modell moves the team to Baltimore shortly after.
➢ And how can I leave out Fever pitch, what a gem. A movie based off a book….about soccer…. Featuring Boston fans for 90 mins, while we all know our favorite baseball movie that is not named Bull Durham is Major League ( “the Indians win it, the Indians win it, Oh My God the Indians win it!”)
With that all in mind I fearlessly headed into Foxboro dressed in my powder blues last Fall, ready to get my revenge as a Charger fan from Cleveland and stood there realizing what my Hell was going to look. After many night's confidently chanting "I am not a F*g because I wear powder blue" I am ready to take on a new challenge. Beating down the Patriots fans, and no, not in the bathroom after the game, but with my love for sports, sportsmanship, and anything that is not from Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, what am I leaving off?
Who is with me?! Lets represent everything New England fans are not and ”stay classy San Diego” while we shame everything Patriotic….well, you know what I mean…. Join in and sing with me my second favorite song about football, “SAN-DI-EGO SUPER-CHARGERS, SAN-DI-EGO SUPER-CHARGERS” bow chika wa wa.

August 22, 2008 2:33 PM
EDIT