Thursday, July 10, 2008

An overheard comment

I gathered with some people for a BBQ over the weekend and prior to the Rampage Jackson v Forrest Griffin fight that night, I heard the following words spoken, "The Patriots are worse than genocide!"

What could drive a person to make such a callous and obviously hyperbolic remark? Clearly the Patriots inspire a deep rooted hatred that lies deep within the human element...a hatred that has the capability of producing an incendiary and horribly offensive remark such as the one heard right before Griffin decisioned Jackson (What a great fight! Thanks for the money Tim.)
I won't even try to equate the Pats with genocide as that would just be wrong. I will say the following, however:

"I hate the Patriots more than the New York Yankees (and a few other things that I will discuss later)!"

Anyone who knows me will attest that the hatred is alive, strong, and overflowing if the NY Yankees have been surpassed.

As I look towards October 12th, 2008 I am compelled to stoke the embers of this fire.

Seau Sucks

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cardinals fans feel no pain. maritime climates sure are nice!

AvengingJM said...

Red Shoes

I empathize with the Cardinals' futility and I am glad that all you feel is a bitter numbness.

I once road my mountain bike through a coaches huddle, outside of the School of Bus., that had Mean Joe Green in it while the Cardinals were practicing in Flag.

See you at 10s.

Anonymous said...

I completely concur. Sports hatred must be placed into it's proper context. As the wife of the great fictional Russian boxing champion, Ivan Drago so spake, "Of course, they are Sportsmen, not Soldiers" (Albeit, Drago certainly would not have ridden in le Tour, C'est le Guerre Ivan, and was more warrior than athlete, I mean come on, whatever he hits, he destroys...)
This being said however, we must as Red Blooded Americans be allowed to love/hate our sports as those in other countries have been known to do. To the point of murder and death, you may cry out? Yes, perhaps this is a little over the top. Yet are we willing to stand up for football as others stand up for futbol?!
I applaud you mighty blogger! Soldier...errrr Sportsman... on...

Anonymous said...

aseity http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1534438 kimmerling http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1534439 terminate http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1534440 builtin http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1534441 pakuranga http://jguru.com/guru/viewbio.jsp?EID=1534443 thefolks