Thursday, July 31, 2008

"Wag of the Finger" RT's Longboard Grill "Tip of the Hat" Rocky's Crown Pub


In this segment, I would like to give a nod to one of the last great anchormen of our generation, Mr. Stephen Colbert. His genious has given us "The Word", "Better know a District", and most noteworthy of all, "Tip of the Hat/Wag of the Finger". Our purpose here will be to shed light on the great San Diego bars that are truly SAN DIEGAN (i.e. Charger/Padre) but also to "put on notice" those filthy establishments that cow tow to an eastern element, specifically a New England element. This is San Diego and we should not be subjected to the migratory patterns of the Northeastern Moron while trying to have a beer and watch a game. The proprietors of these establishments should be put on notice....

Without further adieu:

A "Tip of the Hat" to Rocky's Crown Pub located at 3786 Ingraham St. in Pacific Beach.
Everyone in San Diego knows that a quality burger will always be had at Rocky's but I didn't know how provincial they were until I received a fantastic text message yesterday. I was notified by a Charger/Padre fan that while seated at the bar, service was refused to his pal until he removed the ball cap he was wearing. Now this wasn't a mere matter of etiquette while dining but rather a nod to Rocky's loyal customers....Rocky's loyal SAN DIEGAN customers! The kid was wearing a Boston Red Sox hat, which we all know is tantamount to wearing a New England Patriots hat, so off it came before service could be rendered!

Now I'm sure you're thinking (besides...boy I need to hurry over to Rocky's!), what was a Charger/Padre fan doing with a kid wearing a Red Sox hat? Your concern is valid and you can be sure that my brother will be getting a stern talking to!!!!

So to Rocky's management and staff....Here's a tip of the hat to you!!!

And now for our "Wag of the Finger" (in addition to the one my brother will be receiving for fraternizing with the enemy):

RT's Longboard Grill on Garnet Ave. in Pacific Beach. I always loved "Longboards" and went there often back in the late '90s when it opened but had heard that recently it was a New England Bar. I found this difficult to believe but received confirmation and I have vowed to never go there again (unless it is to chant 18-1...18-1...18-1....actually... I might just be going there)! Rather than wax poetic about my disdain for this establishment I'll go ahead and just post the "Longboards" myspace page....you'll never be so disgusted in your life.....(scroll down and look to the right)....

http://www.myspace.com/longboardgrill

RT's Longboard Grill.....You've received our inaugural "Wag of the Finger".
RT---you're on notice!

If you have any other Tips/Wags please post and share with your community....we all must know...



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are you a quea? Tha F$&@ing long boads is awesome! NOT!!! I swear my alegance to the chargers and San diego pride. I shal never step foot in RTs again. Even if the offer me free beer.

Unknown said...

Screw longboards. RT would turn over in his grave if he knew what the establishment had become. My buddy lives across the street and during every boston sporting event I want to puke. Ringing that goddam bell during baseball games, all of the sudden supporting the Celtics.

DO NOT GO TO LONGBOARDS. Just make your own nachos at home as painful as it may be.

Anonymous said...

I've boycotted longboard's for well over a year, and you couldn't be more right. Those bastards have nerve to put "join us for patriots and Chargers games" on their marquee. patriots AND Chargers games? In what horrible world is that a legitimate sentence? I hope a grease fire destroys their building tonight, with the owners inside of it. They can hang their 6-month old celtics flag at their shitty faux-irish funeral. I couldn't hate that place more if they painted their entire building sliver and black and made Wednesday night "baby rape night."

Tell your friends: supporting RT's Longboard Grill supporting baby rape.

AvengingJM said...

Ed, Scott, Anonymous Soul...Your disdain is noted, applauded and appreciated.

Now move forward and disseminate this word:

We are SAN DIEGO!

We are SAN DIEGO!

We are SAN DIEGO!

Longboards' shit wouldn't fly in Chowda Town nor should it here!

Take back SD!