Wednesday, April 8, 2009

159 Mas...am I really going to do this?


Dodgers 5 Padres 2

Game 3 Observations:
  • Manny's hair is beyond comment
  • David Eckstein had an awesome 10 pitch at-bat in the 1st. The talk of game 1 was DE's sac bunt in the 1st. These seem like trivial things to get excited over...so I won't. But they are pleasant things to see and hopefully represent a sea change.
  • Walter Silva was lucky to give up only 2 runs. We're in trouble with him as our #3.
  • In addition to speed, Evereth Cabrera has a hose.
  • Kouz needs to show up in April or it'll be a hell of a hole we're diggin' ourselves out of.
  • Mujica and De la Cruz had live looking arms....so we've got that goin' for the pen.
  • Steve Quis asked Manny stupid questions during the Postgame. How dare you accuse Manny of having been in a "funk".
  • Baseball is hard to blog....too quick a turn around time between games so here's my Opening Day part II....

I really should skip the remainder of Peavy's starts...this decade.

I missed all of the pregame festivities. My cheap ticket was nullified by the pregame bar tab. I too was excited to see a bunt in the first-curse thy moneyball of '08. The Padres have lost 9 consecutive games I have attended including the sweep in the Bronx last June. Jake Peavy has lost the previous 5 times I've seen him pitch. San Diego should be embarrassed by the shear number of LA caps in the stands and the pathetic absence of SD caps. Is it any wonder San Diego is labeled as a joke of a sports town. One man's opinion.

Editor's Note:
Sure the team isn't going to be great...err...good this season. And I would have encouraged people to stay home had we not seen a change in the status quo....but with Moorad on board and the number of price accommodations we've seen thus far...well I think it is a reasonable olive branch until things get turned around. I can wait until the draft before I begin to organize boycotts.

In summation:
5 for$5 is awesome and Dodger fans are far too plentiful (droves of Dickies in The Bark on Monday)

No comments: