Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Donnie Baseball in LA


When I say I hate the Yankees people laugh and threaten that they can produce a picture of me wearing a Yankees Starter jacket. It's all very true.

I grew up with Don Mattingly as my my baseball idol.....and I hate George Steinbrenner for not having delivered a World Series ring to ol' Donnie Baseball.

Now in my old age I have come to hate the Yanks for more analytical reasons.....they swept the Padres in '98 and they are upsetting the current economic balance of the free world....and of course I hate Tino Martinez for replacing Don Mattingly and then rocking Mark Langston in Game 1 of the '98 Series when we all know it should have been a called third strike on the previous pitch. I'm over it.

Today, Don Mattingly is the hitting coach for the Los Angeles Dodgers and he joined Darren Smith yesterday afternoon. It put a smile on my face despite his current association with that miserable team from up the I5...

Don Mattingly with Darren Smith
[XX1090-Audio]

...and I do have gray #23 hanging in the closet. I really should try to get it signed since he makes frequent visits with those Douchey Dodgers.

No comments: