Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Rapidly Deteriorating LT Situation


The passage below is from a Sports Illustrated.com article by Jim Trotter where by the issue of LT's return to the Chargers next season is discussed at length.

"Two things I always knew about my league, the NFL: You don't ask for favors, you don't hang around. A man might love the game, but the game loves no one. The game will use what he has, [then] discard him. The sh-- isn't personal." --Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown, in his autobiography, Out of Bounds.

LaDainian Tomlinson was a rookie with the Chargers in 2001 when he read Brown's book. Asked later what resonated with him most, the former TCU star spoke about the aforementioned passage. Then he wrapped up his feelings by saying, in so many words: Pro football is a business; loyalty is a fantasy.

I am thinking about this one. Trying to remove emotion, to be rationale. I know what I want to say but find myself in a horribly awkward typing situation....so until that moment of keyboard comfort, and I set forth exactly what must be said in a closed doors meeting between AJ Smith and LaDainian Tomlinson......click the following link to read the rest of Jim Trotter's article which talks about football related material such as God, Man, and Crucifixion.......the following link.

No comments: