Sunday, January 25, 2009

SD's Championship Drought


With all the LT/AJ drama of the last week...the report that the City is suing the Chargers for $170,000 dollars...... The City of Industry having received voter approval to begin building a New Stadium.....and finally San Diego being discussed as the team that could possibly relocate to LA...

Well I started thinking about my Charger acquaintances and how they are fairly quiet and pretty innocuous in their fan hood. But during such a week of tumult how could the silence remain so deafening?

I needed to send out a feeler.......a text message to the Ten People in my phone who were the biggest Charger Fans (Father, Brother, Friends) ....varying degrees of fan passion, no face/body painters amongst them, and it went like this:

You People are the sorriest excuse for Bolt fans EVER!
You're a Prison Sodomites' wet dream...
a quiet, passive cell mate who dare not make a peep.
Yer the reason this town never wins...
yer the reason they're moving 2 LA!
SUCK IT!

The first responses back should have been from the 1981 comedy, Stripes: "Lighten up, Francis" ....but it went like this..

Excuse Me?

My Bad

It's my son's b-day party today.
Told you
Sunday at the earliest.
No cell mate for me.


What the hell is that?

If u have time 2 respond twice u have time 2 go 2 da Blog
and express yoself on da
LT/AJ situation.
If u wait in
silence...we'll lose the team next...luv ya

My dedication is to my team not your blog...
and I don't have time I'm working!!
That was a
pretty fucked up text!!

And your blog set me back like $400

...couldn't tell ya how much the blog set me back
although it will be $200 less once "-_-_-_-_-_"

decides to pay me. Secondly...it's not my blog...
it's a public forum...
a place where your
happiness or displeasure can be put on record...
that of course is your prerogative. I have had discussions

w/a UT writer and the FireNorv site was discussed

by Madden n Michaels on MNF so...
the Power won't read our texts...


Call it what you want
all I'm sayin'
is I wouldn't even let
my brother say
shit like that to me

Lighten up, Francis.



Indeed, Sgt Hulka. Shouldn't "WE" (read:me) all lighten up and keep this thing called Football in perspective? After all, we'd hate to be SO consumed with football that we looked like this sorry SOB Giant fan...

...and a late text reply:
Go Cardinals!!!
We Love ya Shirles


1 comment:

AvengingJM said...

I just posted this and told my daughter to divide her attention from watching Nemo to watch Francis' tirade...can you guess what the one word was that she repeated?

Ear Muffs! Ear Muffs!